At a particular time in every year, Christians all over the world celebrate an event called, Easter. It is a time where the redemption story is told. A time when we remember that Jesus came to the earth to reconcile man to God.
While there are different practices carried out during this time of celebration, for believers, Easter is not just a memorable event. It is what we preach. Our message is the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. This is the reason we rejoice.
In today’s post, I want to share these 20 powerful scriptures every believer should be familiar with. These words are life. They’ll open us up to the revelation of the finished works of Christ. . Can we go right into the scriptures?
1. Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in the newness of life. Romans 6.4.
2 ….In whom after ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise, which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory. Ephesians 1:13,14.
3. Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son in whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins. Colossians 1:13,14
4. But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ (by grace ye are saved) and hath raised us up to together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. Ephesians 2:4-6.
5. In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace, where he hath abounded towards us in all wisdom and prudence. Ephesians 1:7,8.
6. For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ; for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, the just shall live by faith. Romans 1: 16,17.
7. For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. Romans 5:17.
8. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principalities and power: Colossians 1: 10.
9. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. 2cor 5:21.
10. Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ; by whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. Romans 5:1,2.
11. Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as he is, so are we in the world. 1John 4:17.
12. Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children, and walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us; and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet smelling savour. Ephesians 5:1,2
13. Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? No one-for God himself has given us right standing with himself. Who then will condemn us? No one- for Christ Jesus died for us and was raised to life for us and he is sitting in the place of honor at God’s right hand, pleading for us. Romans 8:33-34
14. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith.
15. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba Father. Romans 8:15.
16. Behold what manner of love the Father had bestowed upon us that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. 1John 3:1,2
17. And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness which is of the law but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith. That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto death. Philippians 3:9,10
18. Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace but of works, but to him that worketh not but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Romans 4: 4,5
19. And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from the God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow-not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below-indeed nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38,39.
20. That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus. Philemon 6.